Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oni nou

Load of old rubbish that....140cc pit bike engined trials bike being rubbish.

21 posts in this topic

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

what a mess that trial was lol

Hi Guy's.

Hi Oni,

I just Can't believe anyone  would build one? as you say Total RUBBISH!

Bring back the SIX grand modern bikes, at least you know where your well earned dosh has gone.

Regards Charlie.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Although a video NEVER shows the real story, this one does show that its more about the rider than the bike.

How often do you read on here about so called super build quality and the latest super performing fuel injected bike when in reality a lot of those riders would be hard pushed to beat that young lad on his pit bike or indeed an OAP on a pre 65/Twin shock.

Edited by collyolly
Generic OAP not one in the video
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Here we go again with the pit bike ! yes cheap light nimble  but WHAT class does it go in  ?  here lies the problem Pre 65  or twin shock class ?AND dont say its rode for fun when that bike has been at twin shock championship trials ! So it needs to be in modern class  why, ? it is a new build bike not a replica/copy (pit bike engine out of a mono shock bike) NEW build so will it be as good as a new gasgas ? or it needs to be class against old men on old heavy bikes to make it look good ? So go on Charlie Prescott  WHAT class do you think it should be in ,and when will the first pit bike engine ONLY trial run ?

Edited by on it
add info
1 person likes this

Do you have any idea what kind of forks and wheels it has?  Are they little drum brakes or disks?

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, mcman56 said:

Do you have any idea what kind of forks and wheels it has?  Are they little drum brakes or disks?

Here is a link.  Scroll down the page a bit.   I have seen several slightly different styles.  One had drum brakes that had been highly modified and drilled with dozens of holes.   They MAY have been Honda 50/90 hubs.

http://www.bsaotter.com/sct_140_two_the_build_file.html

http://www.bsaotter.com/the_mini_otter_project..html

Edited by stpauls
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, on it said:

Here we go again with the pit bike ! yes cheap light nimble  but WHAT class does it go in  ?  here lies the problem Pre 65  or twin shock class ?AND dont say its rode for fun when that bike has been at twin shock championship trials ! So it needs to be in modern class  why, ? it is a new build bike not a replica/copy (pit bike engine out of a mono shock bike) NEW build so will it be as good as a new gasgas ? or it needs to be class against old men on old heavy bikes to make it look good ? So go on Charlie Prescott  WHAT class do you think it should be in ,and when will the first pit bike engine ONLY trial run ?

Stick it in th pit bike class, problem solved. 

It performs very well, and could put many young men on modern bikes to shame.

1 person likes this

As I have said on a previous post why is there such an issue regarding class ? Just ride it as a trials bike in the standard class, if your a beginner/Novice you will have no problems, if an intermediate then perhaps it may hold you back but to be honest that is a long way forward for a beginner and let's face it how many £6 K bikes are ridden to even half their potential !

Only problem is how does this compete financially in your mind against a 4 year old Gasser,Sherco,Beta.

1 person likes this

Hi Guy's.

Look I am not going to get into deep discussion about these little bikes.

I have done my own thing in building one? well I am building two and it is on the jig, and that is for me to play on,

The first bike now lives in the Isle of Man, and is being tried by several riders that Brian lets near the little bike.

The interest I have for these from the rest of the World is staggering,

And Yes I am hoping one day there will be a class separately for these machines, to be honest, it is totally unfair to ride them against a modern or old bikes, Why?

Because they are so much better to ride, and the weight not more than a heavy down-hill mountain bike.

So when a few more get built, and they will by other people, (I have done my bit and have other things to challenge me,)  I hope separate trials or add-on classes will become available for them.

In the mean time Just go out and have plenty of fun on what you have built.

Or go ahead and build one yourself. Sorry Tesco, but "Every Little Hellps"

Regards Charlie.

5 people like this

Hello Charlie who would have thought that a pile of useless old rubbish could be so annoying to some people.....I would love to see Toni Bou or Takumi Narita on one at a club trial ....Theres no way Honda Montesa would allow it fearing for loss of clubman rider bike sales.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, b40rt said:

Stick it in the pit bike class, problem solved. 

It performs very well, and could put many young men on modern bikes to shame.

I think you hit the nail on the head... this is why the pile of old rubbish machine proves to be so reviled.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, mcman56 said:

Drums but if you build one it can have any type of brake you want it to have.

Check out 'Scorpa 4 Tricks ' and see what Patrick Smage does on one. Virtually a mountain bike with an engine, one of these with a good rider would change the face of trials so I assume it's the FIM weight limit that keeps them out but then again you can buy a Titanium Vertigo that is too light and compete !

So who is going to get a 4 Tricks and stick some big wheels on it to meet the tire spec ?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK, so Vertigo make a titanium framed trials bike, so just imagine a titanium framed "pit bike".  That really would be something!

I have seen some of these bikes in action in the south of England.  In the right hands they are a very capable bike.  I am surprised that the Chinese don't buy the idea from Jon Bliss.  I think he uses a Chinese Chongqing motor.  They are always looking for new products. Make one of these "pit bike" type trials bikes - from quality materials and with quality components and it could revolutionise the trials bike market - as much as the water-cooled monoshocks did back in the late 90s.

All the weight is down as low as possible for nimble handling and maximum traction.  A modern 4 stroke motor for low emissions, low-end torque and smooth power delivery.

What about Triumph making them in their factory in Thailand?  It could be their entry into the Trials market.

John Bliss Honda Trials For Sale

Image1-1-edit.jpg

img_0189-edit.jpg

Edited by stpauls
3 people like this