SIDI trials boot soles separating

robarnold

I've had a pair of SIDIs around six months, seriously impressed with their comfort but after only about four months the sole of both boots started separating from the front and one section broke away completely. 

Sent them back to Feridax who said that it was crash damage (can't remember the exact wording but words to that effect) and didn't constitute a warranty claim but they agreed to resole them for a fee and send them back. 

Ive used them about four times since their return and the EXACT same thing has started to happen on both boots again.

Has anyone had similar experiences. Trials boots should be more robust than this, surely?!

IMG_0339.JPG

• Like 1

Seen this happy to a couple of guys boots in my club, so it is a weakness. I've had mine a few months and really really happy with them. Sidi do a slightly different designed boot, still trials, but with a steel toe cap. I suppose this would help a lot. It looks like the upper is only stitched to the black sole and then the grey piece is glued on. Could a good boot repairer not run a couple of stitches through it for you?

If your snagging the tip that much the "SIDI Discovery Rain Boots" are there Trails boot design setup with some slight changes for adventure riding and include the steel toe cap faussy is talking about.  They are waterproof and a bit stiffer to start out with but soften quite a bit from what I understand so after they the brake should be ok.   

Here is an example of them.  https://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-discovery-rain-boots?gclid=CJnb-NDY6tICFYpcfgodVtIF5w

Good luck. 

Or you could consider trying a different boot brand?  The new AlpineStars and the Gaerne are stitched soles, not sure about others but it should help with this particular problem...

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies thus far. My last boos were Diadora and fell apart after about 8 months, the stitching down the outside of the small toe split making them as impenetrable as a sieve on both.

I could go to a cobbler and get them glued easily, but the point of this thread is that the same thing happened a couple of months back and was deemed as my fault. Now the same thing has happened again I am trying to glean other people's experiences of the same boot as I think it's a bit poor for them to fail so soon

Had mine nearly a 12 month and looking good at the moment.

What do you do to them in between trials -wash, treat etc. Do you jet wash.

Do you do anything unusual when riding - drag your toes on the road etc?

Are you related to the Thorpe's and move more earth walking the sections than 3 JCBs? (PS watched a good South Yorks Clubman? rider in last weekends S3 Powys move rocks in  way that would of made D T senior very proud)

I like  my SIDI so want to avoid anything that may cause this problem

• Like 1

Looks like a bit of other racing between the sections. The Sidi Discovery comment might just work. My son also has this problem with boots. Next time though he gets to buy them. Went through two pairs of Gaerne`s this way.

Edited by lineaway

Normal use. Rode one trial in them and a few hour long practice sessions. They get washed with a hose and brush and bucket of hot soapy water after each use then treated with dubbin. I'm only a 44 (9.5UK) so can't see any reason i drag my toes unduly and I'm no earth mover walking the sections. All this is the reason I'm so baffled by their premature failure. They're so comfy, it's incredibly frustrating 

• Like 1