OSSA mar engine rebuild

biffco

Hi

I don't have a list, but all of the bearings, including the gearbox needle roller ones, are available from any decent bearing supplier. My local bearing shop had all the ball bearings, and an internet dealership supplied all the needle roller ones very cheaply indeed.

A quick search of my email tells me I bought the following bearing:

HK2020 SKF Drawn Cup Needle Roller Bearing 20x26x20"   - £3.99 from Wychbearings.co.uk

Edited by t20racerman
typo
  • Like 1

I have never rebuilt an MAR, but do have one of my friends I will be going through very soon.  I did notice they bearings are supposed to be a C3 category for tolerance.  Consider that when purchasing bearings.  If I can find where I read that I will copy and post it.  That spec may only be for the crankshaft main bearings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pmk said:

I have never rebuilt an MAR, but do have one of my friends I will be going through very soon.  I did notice they bearings are supposed to be a C3 category for tolerance.  Consider that when purchasing bearings.  If I can find where I read that I will copy and post it.  That spec may only be for the crankshaft main bearings.

C3 bearings have greater clearance between the balls and track. This allows for higher running temperatures. When the bearings expand due to the heat the running tolerances are up to specification. 

• Like 1