2005 rev 3 piston rings

diesel2607

Thanks for replies my bike had started smoking a bit at my last trial i changed the exhaust packing and at yesterday's trial was OK for about 2 laps then started to smoke very badly I was advised by an experienced rider it looked and sounded like the rings had gone by the smoke trail all along the section I had just ridden and the rattling coming from my bike it's my first bike so no experience with them 

Rings will not make your bike smoke. Do you have anyone close by that could have a look at the bike before you start tearing into it ? It  would be as simple as a build up of oil in the exhaust, and it takes a couple of laps before there is enough heat to burn the oil. 

Edited by b40rt
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, technowaldo said:

More likely your crank seal on the clutch side try giving the bike a good roasting to clean it out before you start stripping it

i was also told this today by an experienced rider who saw and smelt the smoke yesterday I have also noticed today that my gearbox oil has also gone so this I believe also points to the crank seal being the problem how hard is the seal to change and any advice for me tackling this job