Honda montesa 300 rr seat

wyoelkslayer

20 hours ago, bbk said:

How ya liking the 300RR

Im picking it up this weekend just bought it this weekend but ive gotta travel a ways to pick it up they didnt have any locally. Its gonna be a whole different animal than the yzf 450 ive been riding i imagine 

If its your first trials bike and you haven't already been in contact with any local riders I would recommend getting hooked up with your nearest local trials rider(s) or group and setting up a ride day.  Will be well worth it... It was for me and then some.

Edited by jonnyc21

Y

18 hours ago, Wyoelkslayer said:

Im picking it up this weekend just bought it this weekend but ive gotta travel a ways to pick it up they didnt have any locally. Its gonna be a whole different animal than the yzf 450 ive been riding i imagine 

I agree with Jonnyc21 you need a riding partner welcome to the trials adventure your gonna sit back and say i just thought i knew how to ride. Your gonna be challenging yourself in so many ways And what a great bike to be riding .

3 hours ago, bbk said:

Y

I agree with Jonnyc21 you need a riding partner welcome to the trials adventure your gonna sit back and say i just thought i knew how to ride. Your gonna be challenging yourself in so many ways And what a great bike to be riding .

Thank you, I'm not sure if there is any local guys that ride very much around here. I looked at a couple bikes, I checked out the beta 300 as well but I felt like the Honda was a little higher quality. I'm sure they are all good bikes but this is my first one so I don't know much 

About where are you (closest major city in Wyoming?), maybe we could help you get hooked up with some people in your aria? 

There is a small group in Eastern ID, Mossy Rock Trials in MT, and WTA Utah Trials Association (https://utahtrials.com/) I know about, at the least it would be good to go to an event if you could make it to one of the closer ones to you?

Maybe your not to far for the "2017 Whiskey Gulch Trials Event June 10th and 11th"? 

- Information about it can be found here: http://www.mossyrocktrials.com/

Then the Whiskey Gulch Trials Event June 10th and 11th In Butte, Montana is about 4 1/2 hours drive and well worth the trip if you can make it.  

There will be a good number of the eastern ID riders there as I know a few already planning to be there.  Most of them are near Idaho Falls area and should be under 2 hours drive to ride with them from time to time.  

I am in the Boise area and am hoping to be at the Whiskey Gulch as well but not sure yet if the wife is up for it.  

PS. My new 300RR comes in the last week of April.  :thumbup:

Edited by jonnyc21

9 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

Then the Whiskey Gulch Trials Event June 10th and 11th In Butte, Montana is about 4 1/2 hours drive and well worth the trip if you can make it.  

There will be a good number of the eastern ID riders there as I know a few already planning to be there.  Most of them are near Idaho Falls area and should be under 2 hours drive to ride with them from time to time.  

I am in the Boise area and am hoping to be at the Whiskey Gulch as well but not sure yet if the wife is up for it.  

PS. My new 300RR comes in the last week of April.  :thumbup:

That looks awesome I checked i checked it out. So it looks like on the scorecards from last year there is different classes? how do those work? congrats on the bike, i'll post some pics up to get you through the wait! 

• Like 1

You have from beginner to champ classes broken out at levels of 1 Beginner, 2 novice, 3 intermediate, 4 advanced, 5 expert, and 6 champ.  Some clubs call them by different names like level 3 can sometimes be called clubman, 6 might be called pro etc. depending.  I have seen some smaller clubs only run levels 2, 3, and 4 as most riders fit into those levels. 

Most people with past off-road experience can start at the novice level and do fine, just be warned it still isn't easy for first timers but is sure fun (kicked my butt first time), however if you consider yourself a street rider with little dirt riding experience taking the beginner line is a great way to learn how an event works without feeling overwhelmed with having to ride the event as well. 

As long as you let people know your new to trials as well as to the club/event I am sure they will be wonderfully helpful.  Every event I have ever been to has been that way even if just a new to the club and how they work things.  :thumbup:

Your gonna have a blast like  jonnyc21 says tell them the others there your new and would like some guidance should have plenty of helpers then. When i started i had scorers say they could close theirs eyes and score me , because i always said something when i put a foot down crossed the line or the real easy one when they heard the bike crash and i would awe man . Having a blast still today.

• Like 1