Dead giveaway

breagh

Sure most of us regularly trawl through the classifieds to see what latest trials bargain is on offer.

Always a laugh when someone waxes lyrical about there pride and joy only to be undone by a major no no like motocross bars or Pirelli tyres.

You just know this guy wouldn'y know a trials bike if Toni Bou jumped over his fence on his Repsol.

Just now I had to laugh because sometimes it's quite a subtle mistake nice new chain and sprockets with the tensioner pad fitted upside down.

• Like 1

Mmm, my TY was a bargain, but the previous owner was completely useless with anything mechanically - he was very proud to have "rebuilt" it, but didn't use any grease.  Like, at all.

Still, he spent a pile of money that I don't have to, and it will be a genuinely good bike by the time I'm finished :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

Seen more than one Honda Reflex being claimed as something they are not... a real trials motorcycle... LOL 

They are fun little bikes, very nimble, excellent to run through the trails for a relaxing ride and if need be can be run to the market to get beer.

But they are terrible as a stock bike for riding trials. and horrible on the road for anything more than 4 blocks.

1 hour ago, suzuki250 said:

I went to look at a motocross bike many years ago; the vendor said it had new ‘power bands’ fitted on all the gears….:rotfl:

Did he fit the correct color power bands?  The yellow ones do not fit/work on a Honda

• Like 3