Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biffsgasgas

Texas National Day 1 no April Fools!

20 posts in this topic

Prelim results from Day 1... Looks like a low scoring event. Any pics???

D77EF933-EF94-4AAC-9E88-23AE21E42BD6_zps

B89B51E4-5B36-4724-8B4D-6D731C7F2392_zps

--Biff

2 people like this

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Smage won today with a clean day.Putt was second.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

Smage won today with a clean day.Putt was second.

Sweet!

1 person likes this

So a dab with your left foot as you cross a ribbon then a dab with your right foot equals a 1..... Got it!

--Biff

Crossing ribbon (might have been hard to tell if there was space between tire and ribbon without the video as we are allowed to ride on the ribbon just not on the other side of it) or Rolling backwards with a foot down is a 5 according to our local rules. Moving the right foot around would be a 3. Left foot dab after right foot would be a 2. Typically we don't get video evidence, so it depends more on what the observer observes... and we depend heavily on the honor system as often riders know better than the observers... which actually works well at our local events but we are in Nova Scotia not exactly expert level riders. 

Edited by michael_t

I really don't like the tape on the ground... but in any case, I'd have 5'd him. His front tire was completely out of the section.

I agree it would have been a 5, to bad the observer missed it.  

I have checked many national and world round in the past. Its tough and I can't say that I am a flawless checker. One thing I tell our checkers here is try to be fair and consistent. If one of the checkers read this please don't think that we are trying to single you out. I know that the camera isn't everywhere. 

--Biff

Must be just me.....There are 2 observers in blue watching Freixa from the best vantage points that you could possibly  have to see what he was doing ......Either they both work for Montesa or they were both heavy crystal meth users or they both have no idea of the rules of trials and how you score it[Marc it]  They may have thought Marc Freixa was Phillippe Berlatier and didn't want to risk a punch up. I do not want to upset any observers or any people in general, but what is on that video means that the results of that trial mean nothing .

What a pointless competition that must have been, 5 for going over a tape 2 good individual dabs with plenty of foot movement and a backwoods move that was a definite 5 !  what's the point of a scoring system if it's not properly used, this is why sections get harder as riders think they are cleaning the sections that the hard working C of C's lay out and complain it's too easy !

The checker at the top of the hill has 2 fingers up. Marc only had a 1 and 3 for the day so this must be the 3. They caught the left dab and the double right dab so it was a good job observing. From their viewpoint, they didn't have a good angle of the front wheel going over the tape so gave him the benefit of the doubt. It cost Bryan Roper the podium though.

Just now, sectionone said:

The checker at the top of the hill has 2 fingers up. Marc only had a 1 and 3 for the day so this must be the 3. They caught the left dab and the double right dab so it was a good job observing. From their viewpoint, they didn't have a good angle of the front wheel going over the tape so gave him the benefit of the doubt. It cost Bryan Roper the podium though.

If they could not see his wheel go over the tape from their positions then they should both have their driving licences revoked if they have one as their sight is not good enough....some one wearing eye patches with pinholes punched in them over both eyes could have seen that from their positions on the hillside......I am not surprised that the checker at the top of the hill has 2 fingers up.