newbie with triumph tiger cub ignition query

queenmonkey

Hi guys, i'm new to this site and to rebuilding/ building engines,  Consequently this may be the first of many posts!

My cub is a '61 with an oval head.  I've done quite a bit of work to it with more enthusiasm than skill!  I've started to put it back together and will be fitting a pvl ignition - purchased from Sammy Miller. I also purchases a case that had pillars machined by serco (?).  My query relates to the distributor and i perhaps should have posted this query before i fitted the inner case!  I'm assuming that the distributor on my model (sat on top of engine) is now redundant?  Thinking this is didn't fit the clamp between the inner cases?  What advise can anyone give in terms of the hole left where the distributor would have been located.  I understand that this would have been threaded on later models?

QM

Make a bung out of plastic or rubber and put a tube through I t for a breather. Look on Duncan McDonald s  cub site he does one with a breather pipe but not sure if it's a push fit or screw in. Have fun

Edited by robido
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1

Hi,

Had the same issue with my cub, it too had a distributor.  As has been posted before machine a push fit bung  or better still a breather.

The engineer in me wants to clamp it using the original distributor clamp but as the welder in me has already welded the hole up in the outer case, that is unlikely to happen now!

Cheers Trev.