14 tr300i Factory Headlight removal?

markwoodlief

Any idea on how to pull the headlight out.  Looks like 2 clips on each side and it'll slide out, but am concerned with snapping the clips and obviously never finding a replacement.  Any hints, tips or tricks?

When changing my AAA battery behind the headlight in that black box, I inadvertently pulled a little too hard, and the tiny little frail wires that connect the headlight pulled loose.  Need to get in there with a soldering iron.

Headlight is just fixed with two clips. Just take easy on them and in warmer temperature, so the plastic doesn't snap easily.

Headlight and it's wiring is a complete chinash*it (read cheap and fragile), I've broken the wires many times and they self-destruct in time anyway. In the end I just binned it and the dead headlight stays in place just as a design element, rear I just removed, LOL.

• Like 1

anyone know if that AAA bettery needs to be a rechargeable type?  I put a fresh AAA back in it, and it starts super easy, then thought maybe it needed to be rechargeable like what was originally in it, so put the original back in, now it takes like 12 kicks to start from cold.. ;(..

I thought the bike was supposed to charge it, but I could easily be full of it.

i replaced mine with a rechargeable (after charging the new one).

Now I don't worry about it since I have a separate LiPo battery for 'waking it up'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lotus54 said:

I can show you how to do a setup like mine.

If you mess up the first kick- this addition (I call it 'super easy start') makes it easy to start anyway. Plus good for troubleshooting.

much appreciate it.. anything I can bring to the event next month?  Besides a case of your favorite beer for helping? :)

Edited by markwoodlief

8 hours ago, lotus54 said:

You may want to run a one step hotter sparking plug (4)

I set the TPS and idle for Eric some time ago- but if you have any idle issues at all let me know.

Mak

idles good.. bike runs great.. its just the kicking that is killing the vibe.. kicked over a Montesa yesterday that had been sitting for 4 months, second kick cold.. made me really embarrassed when I went over to my bike and kicked it about 10 times before it started.

With 'easy start' AAA battery fully charged

Push kill button once.

take slack out of kickstarter, then give it a VERY healthy kick.  Don't touch the throttle!

Mine will generally start 1st or 2nd kick from cold, 1 from hot. (With my latest map/fuel mixture setting when cold it has been taking a few kicks, but it runs so well when warm I've left it)

that's what works for me anyway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lotus54 said:

Push kill button once.

take slack out of kickstarter, then give it a VERY healthy kick.  Don't touch the throttle!

Mine will generally start 1st or 2nd kick from cold, 1 from hot. (With my latest map/fuel mixture setting when cold it has been taking a few kicks, but it runs so well when warm I've left it)

haven't tried to kick it over with a fresh AAA yet.  Going to try that this afternoon after my morning con calls.. thanks for the tips Mark..

11 hours ago, lotus54 said:

Push kill button once.

put a fresh AAA in it..  Now it's about a 3 kick cold, 1-2 kicks warm start,  much improved!  Now if I can convince my 16yo to get the hell off of it I can get some practice in. :)

Edited by markwoodlief