Sherco clutch

malcolm

Removed the clutch to fit a new gear shift spring on a 2015 125. I fitted in everything back together (I think in the right order) and now the clutch does not work properly (it was working ok prior to this. When I pull in the clutch lever there is very little movement and it seems to go solid and does not release the clutch. Any advice appreciated.

I'm wondering if top friction plate is in wrong place or pressure plate not lined up with the marks on the hub. 

Been a while since I've been inside my motor, push rod is turned down both ends to different lengths going off photo on Splatshop's site, could be in backwards with the shorter length at the clutch end

I am thinking that ''Extra left over washer'' you posted about earlier is possibly the one that fits against your clutch release thrust bearing? Is there one there, did you just leave it out, install it in the wrong location elsewhere??? 

Thanks for all the replies. I removed and turned the push rod and that seems to have made a difference. I can now pull the clutch lever without it going solid. I've now noticed that tightening the clutch centre nut to 60 n/m distorts the thrust bearing so need to get a new one - its 6n/m.