Transport ?

popmonkey69

10 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

Sorry. I haven't got the bike yet.

Having checked measurements though, I reckon I'll need to remove the small rear seat completely, then tuck a wheel into that corner and put the bike diagonally across the space. That looks like it will work with a decent safety margin on the measurements.

That's correct.  If you remove the other seat you can get two in - one nose first, one backwards.  I made a box to fill the footwell which makes it much easier as the front wheel does not then need to be lifted out.

On 4/16/2017 at 8:58 AM, 2stroke4stroke said:

That's correct.  If you remove the other seat you can get two in - one nose first, one backwards.  I made a box to fill the footwell which makes it much easier as the front wheel does not then need to be lifted out.

I was thinking about the box idea too, to, in effect, extend the load platform. I'll come round to that when I have the bike and work out the details. I believe the van version has an extra steel panel in there that covers the rear footwell and pushes the load platform right up to the back of the front seats.