Sooty plug and running rich.

chappo

A fresh oiled filters will stop the bike from starting especially if you us an aerosol type.

spraying wd40  ( other brands available) around the mudguard intake area when running bike after washing causes revs to drop so they can be confused.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help chaps.

The aftermarket breather was partly to blame, the ball bearing had seized in its alumium body in the closed position so creating a vacuum. WD 40 ( other similar brands will also do the job ) overnight released it, no problem.

Kept the same plug but cleaned and lightly oiled the air filter and it seemed to start better and ran fine.

So I'm at fault for putting to much oil in the air filter on cleaning.

Ive also got to add I opened every electrical connector I could find and gave them a thorough clean. One of those could also have contributed to its better running.

Thanks .

PS jrsunt, nice to see you flying the Montesa Flag at the BTC in Cumbria the other weekend, yours sounded well and some smooth riding, nice to watch. I think it was you??!!!!!!!!!

Hi jrsunt, 

Id be happy riding as badly as you. ??.

Not sure if your doing the SSDT, but going to watch the first two days.

We'll give you a cheer if we see you, only if you go clean of course.