New rules

I don't pay too much attention to the detail of WTC rules so it may not be a change after all but, if it is indeed the case as per the announcement on the front page, then I wonder how the requirement for Trial 2 that effectively bars Montesa from the class went down at HQ in Barcelona.  

Or will they unveil the occasionally rumoured two stroke? 

7 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I wondered if the full story had not been stated.  The announcement is certainly badly worded if that is the case.

There was a previous story that said "(FIM Trial2 World Championship) for machines up to 250cc 2T / up to 300cc 4T - all days counting towards overall championship - limited to 35 maximum riders. "

13 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I don't pay too much attention to the detail of WTC rules so it may not be a change after all but, if it is indeed the case as per the announcement on the front page, then I wonder how the requirement for Trial 2 that effectively bars Montesa from the class went down at HQ in Barcelona.  

Or will they unveil the occasionally rumoured two stroke? 

there is no 2 stroke. Only the 315.

The apparent anomaly in the rules is that a 14 year old female can ride in the Trial 2 or GP class and hence ride a 250 or larger bike. In the equivalent male classes the rider must be 16 or older.

Consequently a 14 or 15 year old boy will be on a 125, whilst a 14 or 15 year old girl could be competing on a 300.

I like the idea of no age limit in trial 2 , it would be nice to see some of the older guys come back in and have a go , and guys like wiggy sam haslam Jack Sheppard etc, all still very capable riders 

1 hour ago, hgas said:

I like the idea of no age limit in trial 2 , it would be nice to see some of the older guys come back in and have a go , and guys like wiggy sam haslam Jack Sheppard etc, all still very capable riders 

Why having won that class when it was very competitive would anyone want to come and try again?

Most of the riders you mention have proper jobs now as trials wouldnt pay then, and certainly wont now.....

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Most of the riders you mention have proper jobs now as trials wouldnt pay then, and certainly wont now.....

We all have proper jobs, it's called fun.

• Like 1