Evo side stand fix

ridgrunr

I'm wondering if the problem a lot of guys are having with their Evo side stands is that they don't want to stay down once put down, or that the bike easily rolls off the side stand?.  This is an easy fix.  Just get to the side stand pivot bolt under the bike, and remove the allen head screw from the pivot bolt head.  That allen head screw catches on the spring and makes the side stand flip up as soon as any weight is taken off the bike and also makes it hard to put down with just your boot.  Removing the allen screw will allow you to put it down with your boot and it'll stay down till you put it up.  

I don't actually mind the fact that it springs up on its own, it's the fact that it can't be put down with your foot that bugs me (see my previous thread!). A fix for that would be good. Good tech tip though for anyone who doesn't like the spring-back function.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:22 PM, lineaway said:

Now you are messing with EU law. Try annex 1 section 3.1

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex:32009L0078

And to think they now have self balancing motorcycles. That law should be on the books in a decade.

Has Europe become a better place because of the writing of that over-complicated waffle (in 15 languages)? I doubt it. If you're wondering why we want to brexit, this may be a good starting point.

Ha ha great point!! We're tied up in knots with bureaucracy!! I'm beginning to think I might be missing something with my side stand, have a look at the excerpt from my user manual about the side stand: ('press down side stand with the foot')...how??

Capture5.PNG

• 5 years later...

Thanks for the tip. I just did it to my new evo. I thought I needed to take the spring off and reverse the bracket and that was a bear to do. Then I had to put it back on. Wish I had read your post before all that. It’s a shame the owners manual doesn’t include that info. Thanks again.