Best Time to Buy a New Bike

yammafan

I'm looking to purchase a new trials bike  (haven't decided which model yet) but wondered when 2018 models tend to be released? From memory it seems to be quarter 3 of the year before. 

If there a 'best' time of year to buy a bike? I know updates don't tend to be too drastic nowadays, but don't want to invest in a new model, only for a newer one to be released the following week.

Thanks 

As far as cost it`s years they have too many left over. So late summer/fall. But you should wait to see what the new models have changed. All the bikes seem pretty damn good this year, so no real reason to wait.  

Bikes now change so little from year to year whether its one year or the next you buy is pretty irrelevant. You can pay top money for the latest or probably get a fair bit off last years model. Always worth considering the cheaper option then spending the spare cash on tuning / set up especially suspension.

• Like 3

New is good, trials wise generally, but sometimes manufacturers make a bit of a cock up and there are issues like a new tuning or ignition set up which doesn't necessarily improve the bike. for most riders.  Try before you buy.

Otherwise the best time is when the pound is on the up!

• 1 month later...

Well I took everyone's advice and bought a bike! Went for a beta evo 250 factory. 

Have to say I went to Inch Perfect Trials and the service was excellent. I got a good long test ride on a mont and standard evo 250 and the facilities are great. Guys are really knowledgable and the advice was sound. If you fancy a bike and live in the north, get yourself there. 

Edited by yammafan
  • Like 2