Bar Risers

taff_d

Looking at lifting the bars a touch, had a look at the clamps today and I don't think there is a lot of thread in the bottom clamp where the top clamp bolts on so don't fancy fitting the type of riser that fit in the clamps to add height as that will put more leverage and pressure on the bolt holes and could cause a fracture.

Has anyone fitted spacers between the bottom clamp and top yoke on top of the 20mm spigot ? If anyone has does it work ok or any issues ?

image2.jpg

Edited by taff_d

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

How about fitting higher bars? I think Jitsie make some

I have fitted higher bars but did not get ones that are high enough ?, another set of bars will be £80 so instead of wasting more money I'm going to lift the clamps, I've ordered 10mm alloy spacers off Ebay for £3.50 and i'm going to get a longer stud (don't think they are bolts) to fasten back on to the top yoke. The bars I fitted are 16.5mm higher and the 10mm I'm going to fit will give me a good inch higher in old money hopefully that will make a difference, I had 6" bars and lowered pegs on the 4rt and that felt good, foolishly I sold the 4rt with the high bars on.

I got bar risers giving several options on height - the kit included all longer bolts needed to use any of the options quite safely.   Comes up on a search.

I think the bars would rotate before the bolt holes were over stressed, though I concede there is a bit less meat there than on some bikes.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke
  • Like 1