Securing bike to a dc bike rack

txtconnor

As the title suggests really gents/ladies. How do you secure youre bike to the rack? After trying it myself i just dont have much confidence in my pride and joy not making an escape for freedom after a moderate bump. Pictures would be great if you have them, thanks.

Edited by txtconnor
Cant spell

With the Gasgas, first strap over the seat, tie it down, then second around the handlebars (on the side nearest the car). The order is important.

With the TY and Pampera I run a 3rd strap from the handlebars to the back door of the car.

Also, I pop a bit of gaffer tape from the front of the mudguard to the wheel to stop it flapping at speed.

I'm very open to better suggestions though, as I'm always doubting how I do it!

• Like 1

The DC rack is excellent  far better and quicker to load and safer than a trailer.

I lift Bike on, then tie back wheel to rack post  with rope,  then as per turbofurball, next strap over the seat, tie it down, then second around the handlebars (on the side nearest the car).

Takes less than a couple of minutes when you get used to it.

Make sure you have decent heavy duty tie down straps, my biggest issue initially was finding decent straps as a lot of ratchet straps are not that good in my experience. I found excellent heavy weight straps in RAS Sport in Brighouse which were not that expensive.