Riding buddy derbyshire

txtconnor

After a long time away from trials iv bought a bike and the gear but the guy i usually go with cannot go much do to work commitments. I have another friend who is looking to get into the sport shortly but hasnt as yet due to funds. Is there anyone around who rides earl shilton, bumpy, tong etc on a regular basis? Obviously im not at a high level. Im 23 if that has any relevance and aim to get out most weekends, thanks

Edited by txtconnor
Impossible to spell on my phone

12 hours ago, oni nou said:

Its a little trek for you; but Hawks nest is a good place  for you on a weekend [should be about 45 mins drive from you approx.] as usually there will be quite a few other trials riders down there ...but you can ride alone with the possibility that there will be someone down at the farm to help you if you have a prang.....its strewn with rock  and an excellent practise area if your looking to improve quickly.

If you practise alone carry a whistle[in case you cannot get a signal] and a  cheap mobile phone in a pocket of your riding gear  with you. Sounds stupid  but if your stuck under your bike with a broken leg in a gulley you might just be glad you had those things on your person and not back in the van 200 yds away from you. 

Pay to ride  at the farm down below the parking area.

If your serious about going; PM me and I will tell you where it is.

Iv actually been before about 8 years ago and dumped my bike in the drink aha, thanks tbiugh id forgotten a out it!

You'll usually find someone at Earl Shilton most Saturday's and Sunday's

There's a few of us going up there this Sunday, we get there around 10am and leave around 3pm

I should imagine there will quite a few there as there's no local trials on this weekend

Pop along if you can, look for a white Peugeot Partner last three letters of reg no DOS and just say Hi

1 hour ago, ourian said:

You'll usually find someone at Earl Shilton most Saturday's and Sunday's

There's a few of us going up there this Sunday, we get there around 10am and leave around 3pm

I should imagine there will quite a few there as there's no local trials on this weekend

Pop along if you can, look for a white Peugeot Partner last three letters of reg no DOS and just say Hi

Probably wont be this weekend mate beacuse me key and nimber hasnt turned up yet are you about the following weekend? 

27 minutes ago, txtconnor said:

Probably wont be this weekend mate beacuse me key and nimber hasnt turned up yet are you about the following weekend? 

Sorry not next weekend there's a trial at Loughborough, If you've got your ACU licence why not have a go, they do a beginners route and you have to start somewhere

Edited by ourian