US parts distributor?

doc_d

That was why I put off getting another Beta so long. Trials is small and if I can't get a hold of enough info I will buy something else. With a Gasser not havaing a strong distributior would be hard as often as they break.

19 hours ago, doc_d said:

They get it from Jim Snell.  Jim isn't getting any new parts, so it's just what he has left in inventory.

No one gets parts from Jim unless YOU call Jim he has GG stock and can sell them.

If YOU call a GG dealer ANY DEALER (trials or enduro) the parts come from GasGas North America. That is how it is now they have a parts  warehouse in South Dakota they ship from to the the dealers in the US and Canada.

On April 28, 2017 at 6:42 PM, cbutler said:

No one gets parts from Jim unless YOU call Jim he has GG stock and can sell them.

If YOU call a GG dealer ANY DEALER (trials or enduro) the parts come from GasGas North America. That is how it is now they have a parts  warehouse in South Dakota they ship from to the the dealers in the US and Canada.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I have a box here with parts ordered from a Gas Gas dealer that were drop shipped by Jim.  I was also told by this dealer they can't get the Hidria parts and I should try to retrofit my bike to a Kokusan ignition.

On April 28, 2017 at 3:29 PM, biffsgasgas said:

If you really want parts have you called any of the dealers on the current gasgas site?

--Biff

Apparently I just didn't call the right dealer.  Someone PM'd me the name of a dealer that said they have no problem getting the Hidria parts.  I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Thanks

Doc

Edited by doc_d

So I called the other dealer that could supposedly get the Hidria parts.  He said he'd have to call around to try and find them.  I asked them who he was going to call.  His response was "Jim Snell" who I already know doesn't have the parts.

So frustrating...  I guess I don't get it.

Dealers almost always tell there customers they can get it. Sherco has quit making skid plates for 2009 and later models. A guy that needed one was telling me another dealer was going to hook him up. I laughed when he came back and told me it was back odered. He about cried when I informed him the backorder story was a lie. 

3 hours ago, dan williams said:

Sorry doc. He told me he had the parts.

No worries Dan!  I really appreciate your help.  I'm crossing my fingers that there is really some new parts distribution from Gas Gas to US dealers and after he calls Jim he'll go through through those channels.  So I haven't given up complete hope yet.  But then again, maybe this is the Universe's way of telling me I just need to ride some enduros on my KTM this year instead.

Doc

Edited by doc_d

On 4/26/2017 at 0:32 PM, doc_d said:

With Jim Snell no longer acting as the U.S. parts distributor, does Gas Gas have a new U.S. parts distributor?  

As much as I like to support my local dealers (well there really aren't any around where I am, closest is 2+ hours drive away) I have found trials parts availability in the US to be spotty, parts are very expensive and extra shipping charges usually beyond reasonable ($15 to ship a $2 part... really!!!!).  So I have been ordering trials parts from Dherbey Moto.  They are the largest trials dealer in France (they sell 400 new bikes and 400 used bikes per year) and have tons of parts in stock (even had stuff for my old Scorpa SY250F!).  Prices are excellent (especially for international orders you don't have to pay the VAT - 20%!), much cheaper than any US based dealer and shipping is very reasonable (especially if you order a bunch of stuff) and reasonably fast (they ship same day and it usually arrives to my door step 1 week).  Their online shipping estimator for international order is not accurate, so send them an email with the list of what you want to order and they'll send you a quote, then follow up with them once you place your order to make sure they apply the right shipping price.

It might not be worth if you need only a brake lever replacement (even tho...), but if you need a set of plastics, clutch discs, shift lever, air filter, etc... definitively a good deal.

12 hours ago, drca said:

As much as I like to support my local dealers (well there really aren't any around where I am, closest is 2+ hours drive away) I have found trials parts availability in the US to be spotty, parts are very expensive and extra shipping charges usually beyond reasonable ($15 to ship a $2 part... really!!!!).  So I have been ordering trials parts from Dherbey Moto.  They are the largest trials dealer in France (they sell 400 new bikes and 400 used bikes per year) and have tons of parts in stock (even had stuff for my old Scorpa SY250F!).  Prices are excellent (especially for international orders you don't have to pay the VAT - 20%!), much cheaper than any US based dealer and shipping is very reasonable (especially if you order a bunch of stuff) and reasonably fast (they ship same day and it usually arrives to my door step 1 week).  Their online shipping estimator for international order is not accurate, so send them an email with the list of what you want to order and they'll send you a quote, then follow up with them once you place your order to make sure they apply the right shipping price.

It might not be worth if you need only a brake lever replacement (even tho...), but if you need a set of plastics, clutch discs, shift lever, air filter, etc... definitively a good deal.

Thanks for the advice!  I'm thinking that's the route I'm going to have to take.