Sunday funday

txtconnor

3 minutes ago, oni nou said:

When the party is over its over.....do yourself a favour and run your own ship....Solo........you don't need them. If you wait for other people to do something,you will be waiting a life time.

Im going sunday regardless.. this is a very valid point though, iv been on the bike once since i bought it ?

8 minutes ago, oni nou said:

You will get more practise time that's worthwhile on your own as you will be able to concentrate without all the usual  banter going on.

God knows i need it! Haha 

16 hours ago, oni nou said:

You will get more practise time that's worthwhile on your own as you will be able to concentrate without all the usual  banter going on.

for me it is the usual banter that makes me practice and try things to better myself.

Here is an example

@biffsgasgas "Hey you can splatter that 6 foot rock"

Me: "Oh no way, that is scary"

biffsgasgas: "Don't be a pansy"

Me: "ok"  many revs and a bad thud and then "uuuunnnnnnggggghhhh"

biffsgasgas: "You were so close, maybe a little more throttle next time"

see, very helpful  :lol:

but I do believe if you are trying anything new, above your current skill level or just plain makes you nervous, you need to have others with you when you ride.

They provide moral support, prodding, and can get you medical help if needed (and after the laughter dies down)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oni nou said:

Yes good....but now you just made him think twice about going out on his own ...his bikes going to be sat in his garage for the next 2 years before he sells it because of lack of use..... Jordi Tarres practised alone when he was young and so did Steve Saunders and many other top class riders. 

Do not let them put you off  txtconnor; practising on your own is fine I've always done it; just be sensible in what you choose to do ......Any practise is better than no practise.

I practice on my own quite regularly, never said I took my own advice.

and yes, "any practice is good practice" is a true statement.

I wasn't trying to come off that you should have someone with you EVERY time you go ride, but more like when trying the big scary stuff.

There is much benefit to just going out and riding to get away, work on the basics (basics is a relative term to your skill level, my basics and Toni Bou's basics are very different)

OH HELL, just get out, throw a leg over the bike and go have some fun.  We all recognize there is an acceptable level of danger, we accept it when we drive cars/trucks to get to anywhere we want to go.  At least with trials it's fun.

• Like 2