GG E4 or TRS RR????

simon.b

Looking to get a new bike (a 250) and would appreciate any help / advice as to whether I should get the Gas Gas E4 or the TRS RR.

I've always liked the ride of the GG, is the TRS much different (better or worse)

Any advice or pros and cons for either bike are much appreciated.

I know its just me but having read all the reviews, looked at everything and considering the two bikes without a test ride I would go TRS.  

I have been on more than one Gas Gas but still need a ride on a TRS to know for sure. 

My best advice however is see if you can take a test ride on both side by side or at least in close secession and then make the call.  

I ride a 2014 Gasgas, I have had 5 Gasgas bikes over the years and I do not understand this fixation with build quality. I can honestly say I have never had an incident that I can blame on 'build quality', I could point the finger at other makes but would rather point out that they just had 5 bikes out of the top 10 in the Scottish.

I did recently test ride the TRS in both 300 and 250 capacity and I would say it rides just like my bike, I felt instantly at home on it and if I were to get a new bike it would be either the TRS or another Gasser.

If you can test ride before you buy that has got to be the best option

• Like 1

4 hours ago, collyolly said:

I ride a 2014 Gasgas, I have had 5 Gasgas bikes over the years and I do not understand this fixation with build quality. I can honestly say I have never had an incident that I can blame on 'build quality', I could point the finger at other makes but would rather point out that they just had 5 bikes out of the top 10 in the Scottish.

I did recently test ride the TRS in both 300 and 250 capacity and I would say it rides just like my bike, I felt instantly at home on it and if I were to get a new bike it would be either the TRS or another Gasser.

If you can test ride before you buy that has got to be the best option

I'm in the same position as yourself, hence the post.

its nice to know that they ride very similar because I do like the feel of a GG. Like you I've never had reliability issues with a GG and they're so good to work on.

the reason I'm considering the TRS is because you can get the RR for the same money, which is better value IMO.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the gg. It's a fantastic bike to ride, but I've had one, and a Sherco, and for me the build quality is similar.   If your jack price or Michael brown and you can ride 180 sections in Scotland without touching a rock with anything but the tyres, they are perfect, but if your a wobbler like me it's not long before footrest hangers start twisting on the frame and pegs hang back. The alloy frame and bolt on hangers on the trs are mont like in build and seem to stick it a lot better... speaking from experience!!

it my be trivial but I got p****d off paying 5.5-6k for a bike and the frame bending on the first footpeg impact!

Thanks for the advice guys.

Ive bought a gas gas. I rode them back to back and back to back again. The TRS felt more stable but less nimble than the gas gas. I'd probably do better in a trial on the TRS but I think I will enjoy practicing more on the gas gas.

The extra value of the three way shock on the TRS would've been wasted on me as I wouldn't have adjusted it anyway. The gear shift is definitely smoother and slicker on the gas gas and the front end felt lighter, though less planted. My personal opinion of course.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Didnt want the gp then?

I would've liked the GP (though the ride differences would be very marginal) except there's non available, they were a limited run.