Sherco 300 2013 Oil drain plug

grim

We have a Sherco 300 2013. Oil drain plug/bolt broke inside. The bolt is M6 x 45. So far we tried to drill it out with a links drill. But that failed. The bolt broke and left the threads inside.

So we wonder... only option getting it out.. split engine? 

Not that it helps, but I'm going to take this moment to re-iterate that that is the worst oil drain bolt ever fitted to a motor.

Mine got hung up on some junk that came out of the motor during an oil change when it was being threaded back in an damaged the threads. Luckily the bolt came back out, so the cover just had to come off to re-chase the threads from the other side. Maybe you can get at it that way?

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:50 PM, heffergm said:

Not that it helps, but I'm going to take this moment to re-iterate that that is the worst oil drain bolt ever fitted to a motor.

Mine got hung up on some junk that came out of the motor during an oil change when it was being threaded back in an damaged the threads. Luckily the bolt came back out, so the cover just had to come off to re-chase the threads from the other side. Maybe you can get at it that way?

Yep, you're a real Sherco expert alright!