Best ride in the Scottish: Tom Minta

neils on wheels

Doug Lampkin winning his 11th Scottish rightfully made all the headlines. He was however a firm favourite going into the week.

I'd like to congratulate Tom Minta on a fabulous and dare I say, less widely predicted result. Best first timer, 5th overall and best under 200cc, Tom rode the Scottish on a 125. Hands up all those clubmen who still think they 'need' a 300!

• Like 6

Sure was an awsome ride on the wee bike,

The clubmen probably need a bigger motor than the good guys to lug them out of trouble when it goes wrong but I'll put my hands up.

I also thought the 4rts were total puddins up there didn't like the dry conditions one bit lucky if a couple made the top 50.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, breagh said:

I also thought the 4rts were total puddins up there didn't like the dry conditions one bit lucky if a couple made the top 50.

They sure did - they do look like tanks compared to the 2T's in the sections 

5 hours ago, breagh said:

Sure was an awsome ride on the wee bike,

The clubmen probably need a bigger motor than the good guys to lug them out of trouble when it goes wrong but I'll put my hands up.

So I take it you didn't watch Carlos Casas breeze up a pile of sections on his 300 4rt? Fact is there were no 'big names' on a 4rt. It's all about the rider, not the bike. Dougie would have won on any current make including a 4 stroke. If you want a bike to flog over a long distance you'll still struggle to beat a 4rt