247C how much slack on clutch arm with cable removed?

iconic558

Just wondering if my brass clutch thrust bearing is worn without pulling the cover off?

....with cable removed I have around just under 2" slack before the arm depresses on anything internal, from 'out to in' one might say...see pictures

20170513_084215.jpg

20170513_084221.jpg

Hi again - have checked mine and the clutch arm moves outwards to the same position as yours and starts to engage at the same point also, ie when the arm is level with the joint between the outer cover and the crankcase. I have had mine apart recently to change the gasket and the brass thrust bearing shows no sign of wear and the clutch works fine. So it appears you don't have a problem, thankfully.

• 6 months later...
On 15/05/2017 at 5:42 AM, cleanorbust said:

Hi again - have checked mine and the clutch arm moves outwards to the same position as yours and starts to engage at the same point also, ie when the arm is level with the joint between the outer cover and the crankcase. I have had mine apart recently to change the gasket and the brass thrust bearing shows no sign of wear and the clutch works fine. So it appears you don't have a problem, thankfully.

Brass thrust bearing?? Is the follower between the clutch lever and the 3 leg pusher supposed to have a brass end bearing? Pictures??

On 03/12/2017 at 5:35 PM, oldaz said:

Brass thrust bearing?? Is the follower between the clutch lever and the 3 leg pusher supposed to have a brass end bearing? Pictures??

Got a picture of it, pretty basic arrangement, made one for my bike at 9mm from lever face to end of brass - 15mm overall. Clutch arm to cable angle is 90 degrees as it touches, so should be OK - if not it's easy to shorten it a bit. There are 6 different part numbers for this part and they are all different lengths - seems there's half a mm between each size? Anyone know for sure??