OSET north east England

flatstick959

Hi most trials in the north east centre now have a conducted course including this Sundays seaton delaval trial near Rothbury. I'm just waiting for the club to provide a postcode and I'll add it to the entry in the trialscentral calendar 

Any N.E. ACU club will be ok as events are all open. Middle England run a 5 round conducted series separate to the Centre's 6 round series, 2nd round is on the 28th May. In addition, as in previous post, most clubs will allow a non-series Conducted to be held if venue suitable for the little'uns. Plenty going on, the problem is once you start is getting a ride for yourself without upsetting your son when he has to miss out.

You probably already know but go to ACU.org and members area to fill in trials licence application, you need to join club first to get a ref number. Doesn't matter which so maybe join the nearest incase you want to go to meetings.

As above most clubs have a conducted course now run seperate to main trial, there's always an easy course included for younger kids/new starters, It's a proper trial for the kids but they have great fun too.

I'm having difficulty understanding how it all works, my son also has a 16, can he enter a trial even though it seems to be mid season and they seem to be named round 3 etc or is it only for those that have made it through the first 2 rounds?

For bigpie,    There's 2 series on the go this year,  the Oset N.E. Centre series just had its 3rd round of 6 (best 5 results to count to awards at end of season), then there's the Middle England series, 2nd round of 5 being held 28th May, (best 4 results to count towards end of season),  you can join in anytime, main thing is getting him competing regularly.   Then there are the club events not linked to any series but open to anyone with ACU licence.    More info. is usually put on Facebook, the North East Centre Motorcycle Trials page closer to each event.

Thanks, that clears it up a little. It's not so much competing that I'd be interested in for him, but so he can ride with kids his age and learn from them, I've no idea how to do the required techniques, he's had his bike longer than me and I'm yet to have a go on it.

He's wanting to do more than ride round the field and over little fence posts. I think I've read he needs a lanyard fitting so I've got one of them coming and I'll figure out how to get him an ACU licence.

I'm in exactly the same boat - he's not ready for competing yet but he. Reds to be out with other kids to learn and keep interested

are there any practice days etc we could attend?

Are the lanyards necessary?

Do both me and my son need to join a club or just the rider?

thanks

47 minutes ago, flatstick959 said:

I'm in exactly the same boat - he's not ready for competing yet but he. Reds to be out with other kids to learn and keep interested

are there any practice days etc we could attend?

Are the lanyards necessary?

Do both me and my son need to join a club or just the rider?

thanks

Lanyards are an ACU requirement for all youths, and I've seen some close calls with the little'uns where I'm sure they've saved injuries.

Not aware of any practice days except training as advertised at the trial schools,  but:

Oset NE Centre Rounds have three courses and the easiest course is set for beginners and Oset 12.5's, the kids just ride its the parents that get competitive.

The Middle England rounds have only two courses and the easy one is aimed at Oset 16's with some experience, however for every round we always put on Facebook that if an Oset 12.5 or absolute beginner is coming then let us know and we'll set up an easier route, but it wouldn't be counted towards the Series trophies. This only happened because at the start we didn't have any in that class, hopefully we will next year.

For the individual Club Conducted, I'm sure that if you contacted the Organiser before the ride indicating there's a beginner coming then the Conducted Course setter would accommodate you.   After all, at this level we just want as many kids getting involved and enjoying it based on the fact many drop out when they find beer and other adult pursuits.

As above, just come along to a trial, say hello to the group with the kids you'll be very welcome kids entry normaly just a fiver and they get loads of time to ride round and practice too most weekends.

For bigpie, look on acu.org website for list of local clubs with contact details, pick one, doesn't matter which and join, can do it online on acu site for some clubs. You get a unique ref number which you need to fill in an online trials licence form, on acu site in members area. Costs a tenner. There is a downloadable form you need to print and sign for kids.

Thanks for the info

ill look at joining a club and get a lanyard sorted then

when is the next date in north east region does anyone have any info and location etc?

thanks again

Edited by flatstick959
Mis quote

ACU membership required.

Please join a club.  I or others can give details of whom to contact locally to you.

Sunday 21st.

Host Club - Seaton Delaval

Awaiting Venue Confirmation.

Start time will be 11.

Edited by brentmain

Hi there

Any club would be ok - doesn't restrict you at all, just go along to a trial and speak to the organisers (look for the car with the signing on queue about 10.30 am !!)

Get started - it brings the kids on great

My son is on my profile pic from about 5 years ago on his ty80 - he's now far better than I will ever be, has some great friends, we ride in North east and also national  twinshocks (for him not me !!)

Im in Chester le street if you want a chat about it any time

cheers

John

Edited by john b

Hi I love next to bournmoor son it far from you

i joined him into seaton delaval club and applied for his licence online so are going to come along this weekend and have a go

donyou take you lad out to practice locally? Where would you advise?