Clutch lever more soft and with less travel

eddy_rider

Thank you so much, I did not know about this setting.  But is it possible to maintain an abrupt feeling of useful obstacles that are about 1 - 1.5 m in height by reducing the force applied to the lever? With a soft spring I would make the low-wheel drive comfortable but disadvantageous for obstacles?  What do you think?

It's always a compromise, never perfect.

Changing the oil to ATF is another way to make it more abrupt.

Personally I like a smooth clutch not an abrupt one. I swap out the two thicker plates and run motul 300v.

You can make it softer by decreasing the preload on the springs by flipping the red spacers under the spring retaining bolts so the smaller diameter faces (sits inside) the spring. After that you have to go to custom spacers to unload the springs more. See the clutch thread on top of the forum.

The throw is determined by the ratio of the diameter of the master cylinder on the bars and the slave cylinder on the engine. You can't change it without changing the bore of either of those cylinders and changing the stroke changes  the lever pull. Longer stroke equals easier pull.

as for how fast the plates engage oil choice can affect that. Typically a thinner oil will hit quicker with a lot of guys using ATF.

• Like 1