Montesa MH349 carb

RIBSIE

Hi I have a mh349 that I'm trying to get sorted thanks for the advice regarding the clutch  

i have now turned to the carb and I need a replacment as this one is cracked on the upper body it's a Amal L2627. 416  there's a couple on the net but with parts missing  so worried there's a reason they were stripped 

any advice would be great thanks

unless you see a used Amal carb at a very cheap price I would be careful buying any second hand Amal concentric carb ,

they can wear rapidly and distort easily if overtightened.

years before the Chinese starting making things from Crap metal ,

Amal had invented there own recipe for Crap metal and started making carbs from it

I've just replaced mine with an OKO tawainese flatslide which is great. I realised to change all the jets and slide etc. was quite expensive and might as well get a new one. What is missing from yours as I have one which is complete but looks worn.

Neil

• Like 1

Hi Neil it's all there  but the top half has a crack that I just noticd as I stripped it to clean so I could move things across from one to another  

not sure if your aloud to ask about prices as new to this site

thanks  kev

• Like 1