Swingarm removal

heffergm

Simple enough to just use an M20 bolt, with std thread pitch, 2.0mm from memory but check it first. The bolt screws into the anodised sleeve, then allows you to wiggle the sleeve out. Bye, Peter B.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, RichardUK said:

How much does "the friend" charge for making another one? ? (would need to ship to Cornwall, despite my Dewsbury accent....). Cheers Pal.

I havent collected this one yet to make sure it works, once I have I'll ask him 

for a price 

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

M20 bolt works fine.  You can use a nut / washer and a piece of tubing to use it the same way a flywheel puller works.  This way no need to bang / pull etc...  Works like a charm.

Getting back stuff together is another story tho...  You can't bang the 1/2 axels back in as the edges are not tapered.  What I did was to really carefully visually align everything then gently pushed in the 1/2 axles.  Take a little bit of doing and about 3 hands 😁

2022-01-21 15.38.40 (Small).jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, drca said:

M20 bolt works fine.  You can use a nut / washer and a piece of tubing to use it the same way a flywheel puller works.  This way no need to bang / pull etc...  Works like a charm.

Getting back stuff together is another story tho...  You can't bang the 1/2 axels back in as the edges are not tapered.  What I did was to really carefully visually align everything then gently pushed in the 1/2 axles.  Take a little bit of doing and about 3 hands 😁

2022-01-21 15.38.40 (Small).jpg

Also, for anyone taking it apart, loosen the 4 screws on the bottom of the skid plate, before removing/installing the Swingarm Pivots.