fantic 300 oko carb setting

lancelot

hi to all fantic addicts !

i've just bought an oko flatside carb (black one with chrome plated slide)

i have some problems so set it up correctly,,,so 'id like to know if someone could give me basic)

settings for a 300 fantic pro...

other question, is a vm26 mikuni the best option for this bike, as i own a genuine one..

all point of view will be welcome

cheers from france ;-)

nicolas18209077_1274799962640663_5675886325508026128_o.jpg

Edited by lancelot
  • Like 1

I tried one on my Fantic 300 ,Could not get it to run right afer lots of jet changes ( and i was meant to come ready to go) 

Fitted a Flat slide dellorto and one jet change and spot on . Have the same 26mm VHST on my other bikes 

Great carb a little expensive but so is buying a OKO and it not working !!

• Like 1

On 27/05/2017 at 9:35 AM, scorpa250 said:

I tried one on my Fantic 300 ,Could not get it to run right afer lots of jet changes ( and i was meant to come ready to go) 

Fitted a Flat slide dellorto and one jet change and spot on . Have the same 26mm VHST on my other bikes 

Great carb a little expensive but so is buying a OKO and it not working !!

many thanks!

do you remember the settings?

cheers

nicolas

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth, I recently tried a VM26 (8074) Mikuni on my 300 but the original Dellorto is still way better for me. If I had more patience I'm sure the Mikuni could be made to work just as well. I completely re-furbed the Dellorto PHBH 26BS with new everything to the point that I later realized I could have bought a brand new complete Dellorto with my specified jetting for less from Eurocarb.

Anyhow, you live and learn. Other than dropping the MJ from 108 to 105 all other jetting is as per the Fantic owners manual, it runs very crisp and clean and others who have ridden it comment on how well it runs.

Maybe to avoid any jetting heartache with non-standard carbs, just stick with the PHBH 26 BS.

Edited by fourex
Additional info on Mikuni.

• 1 month later...

I assume you've tried this with the OKO but just in case:

Starting with the mixture screw 2 and a half turns out start the bike and let it get warm, use the idle screw to keep it running while it warms up if it tries to stall.

Once you've got it warm turn the mixture screw clockwise a quarter turn at a time allowing a few seconds to let it take effect and see if the engine revs speed up. If it revs too high manage them back down with the idle screw. Keep doing this until the point at which a further turn of the mixture screw slows the revs. You're trying to find the point at which the mixture screw setting produces the highest revs, then back off your idle screw until you have a steady low idle. Check that the throttle operation is snappy - ride it around a bit and lift the front wheel off the throttle.

If that doesn't work then it might be a re-jetting job.

Edited by maggar