About to buy a sherco

craigh88

Hi everyone. I am about to finally pull the trigger on a new bike and have been to see a really nice 2015 300. The bike started and rode fine (only rode it briefly) and appears to be clean and well looked after. 

Having only ever has gasgas' I'm just looking to see if there is anything specific I should be looking for on this model and year? Common faults etc. All the usual things to be checked are spot on, bearings, tyres etc etc. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

Thanks for the reply. It is slightly worrying though. I have searched the forums and the internet but couldn't find much more than occasional issues, they appear to be quiet reliable on the surface of things :huh:, is there anything specific I should search for?

the reason I'm moving from GG is mines quiet old and tired now and I do need to upgrade. Don't fancy a newer GG (more because of company problems than the bike) so decided on a sherco or beta. 

GG have came bouncing back after their problems. Loads bailed out when they had the issues and loads have returned since. I've recently just bought a new sherco, had  a 2014 factory GG before that, the GG was/is a lovely bike to ride, better than the sherco IMO rubbish opinion, my only issue I found with GG was the gearbox was made of chocolate. 

I've had two new sherco, 2012 and 2017. No issues whatsoever. The rear tank seemed a novel idea but hindsight it was rubbish, fall over on rocks and you'll find out why. The lock at the frame was another horrible design failure imo but no running issues at all. 

I purchased a new to me 2015 250 ST in April. I know have 5 gallons of gas through the bike with no issues, does everything well and seems solid. It seems that these bikes are known to be reliable and people that own them stay with the brand. Also since most trials bikes share many components like forks, shocks, brakes, rims and tires you should not have any issues.

Have two of them. 2010 and 2015. Nothing to worry about. They have a unique feel due more load at back but nothing that few rides to be up with. 

Very Reliable, same brakes, suspension and wheels from everybody.

The clutch is "old" style with six coils.

Models with Keirin carbs are more agressive :) than Dellorto.

1 hour ago, pauls320 said:

Do a search here for 2015 sherco factory 300 problems....it steered me away from buying one......good luck on you choice:)

Ahh....i remember now. Surely any 15 sherco on the go would have it's issues sorted by now....surely ?

Thanks for all the input gents. I've been to see a beta 300 today and decided to go for that. The sherco was nicer condition but managed to get the beta for a much better price. Thanks again for your help