Billy Green docked "5" for stopping

4ourtea

What a farce... the alleged "no-stop" world championship rules are NEVER enforced, yet for some freaky reason, an observer suddenly remembers that it is meant to be no-stop... so he docks Billy a "5" and then conveniently returns to normal mode and lets others stop... pathetic!

Just watch Bou... he "stops" as often as any rider yet he is given special treatment and never gets docked a "5" for blatant halts and even reverses!!. Furthermore, in Japan this weekend, his minder was clearly seen pouring water onto a muddy rock to wash it off so "the special one" can gain an advantage though the section. That is called tampering and altering a section... in simple language, it is cheating. WTF is someone as good as Bou doing/sanctioning (and Honda!!)?? Perhaps in Andorra his minder will be equipped with a bucket of tarmac or two so that Toni can have an easy passage there as well if its a bit too loose and dusty for "the special one". Toni has all the ability... lets see it without the use of assistance.

• Like 2

You'll  always get the odd rubbish decision be it stop or non stop in the long run they'll balance out' never heard anyone complaining about not getting a 5 for a stop.

I imagine Bou will get the benefit of the doubt pretty often ,however I suppose all those years ago when he wasn't world champ he got plenty dodgy 5s just like any other upcoming rider.

• Like 2

I was at a modern trial today and watched stop.. sections here in France .  What a difficult job being and observer is.. I.d have fived the fecking lot of them...when in fact the level I watched, and had ridden,  could have been ridden with out the pantomine of bouncing and p****** about... I was going to watch the world round in Lourdes,  but watching this circus I think I will cut the hedge instead.

• Like 5

I blame trialGP, they never addressed this issue at the start of the season. 

In my opinion the ideal rules are a dab for a stop. Theyve run these rules before at world and british level and everyone liked them. 5 for a stop is too harsh. The observer feels more confident in giving a 1 for stop, so the rules are enforced more strictly and the rider doesnt mind as much for being penalised for a 1. It also allows a rider to stop to get that section that may have been marked out a little too hard for non stop. Its the perfect halfway house

Edited by faussy
  • Like 5

Reminds me of this...... a stop is a bloody stop.....

A London lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by an Irish cop. He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a lawyer from LONDON and is certain that he has a better education then any Irish cop. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Irish cop's expense! 

Irish cop says,"License and registration, please." 

London Lawyer says, "What for?" 

Irish cop says,"Ye didnae come to a complete stop at the stop sign." 

London Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming." 

Irish cop says,"Ye still didnae come to a complete stop. License and registration, please" 

London Lawyer says, "What's the difference?" 

Irish cop says, "The difference is, ye havte come to complete stop, that's the law. License and registration,please!" 

London Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket." 

Irish cop says, "Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir." 

The London Lawyer exits his vehicle. 

The Irish cop takes out his baton and starts beating the living **** out of the lawyer and says, "Dae ye want me to stop, or just slow down? "

• Like 9

Whether its a stop or not is perhaps not the most depressing part of this, its the arguments that follow causing observers to quit that is having and will continue to have a more serious effect at club / centre level in particular. 

5 hours ago, spen said:

Reminds me of this...... a stop is a bloody stop.....

A London lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by an Irish cop. He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a lawyer from LONDON and is certain that he has a better education then any Irish cop. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Irish cop's expense! 

Irish cop says,"License and registration, please." 

London Lawyer says, "What for?" 

Irish cop says,"Ye didnae come to a complete stop at the stop sign." 

London Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming." 

Irish cop says,"Ye still didnae come to a complete stop. License and registration, please" 

London Lawyer says, "What's the difference?" 

Irish cop says, "The difference is, ye havte come to complete stop, that's the law. License and registration,please!" 

London Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket." 

Irish cop says, "Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir." 

The London Lawyer exits his vehicle. 

The Irish cop takes out his baton and starts beating the living **** out of the lawyer and says, "Dae ye want me to stop, or just slow down? "

So why was the Scottish cop living in Ireland?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dan williams said:

Like I've said before the best way  to kill a bad rule is to enforce it. Arbitrary or partial enforcement not only makes a bad rule difficult to get rid of but allows it to become an instrument for abuse.

The best way to kill a bad rule it to follow the Italian way and ignore it.

Edited by stpauls
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, faussy said:

I blame trialGP, they never addressed this issue at the start of the season. 

In my opinion the ideal rules are a dab for a stop. Theyve run these rules before at world and british level and everyone liked them. 5 for a stop is too harsh. The observer feels more confident in giving a 1 for stop, so the rules are enforced more strictly and the rider doesnt mind as much for being penalised for a 1. It also allows a rider to stop to get that section that may have been marked out a little too hard for non stop. Its the perfect halfway house

Some rose tinted glasses here my friend. Under stop for a 1 it quickly became stop for 3-5 seconds is still a clean. And a little reversing doesn't matter.

Timed stop permitted was good to watch but it made the better riders even better. No stop was supposed to level the playing field a little and make sections less dangerous. However organisers are still running pretty huge sections just with long run ups.

I think we now have a different problem in that nobody from observers to riders wants no stop. So do we set rules for sections to control the danger aspect but then allow stop permitted and reversing ?

We have to have rules that observers and organisers are happy to enforce. Otherwise its a farce really and inconsistent. No doubt Bou wins whatever the rules  

• Like 1