Gasgas txt pro 300 with many faults

walshy_7

Recently purchased a gasgas 300 and I'm made up with the bike but after a few outings I thought it best to do some maintenance

It's had a very heavy clutch and this site has been brilliant for finding out how to resolve this issue

Also the fork seals have give up

so after a great day at hawks nest I decided to pull it apart to sort the heavy clutch when removing the sump plug it let out a lot of loverly emulsified creamy oil so a little research and I'm going with water pump seals whilst removing the engine casing I seen that previous owner has smeared gasket glue all over the face of the water pump housing when I started to remove the couch plates I found loads of gasket glue jammed in every where also in the sump very rough job had been done on the bike so looks like I've got to do abit more than just changing oil I'll try and upload some pictures now

All comments and thought welcome

Regards chris

IMG_5351.JPG

IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5561.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG

IMG_5562.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys and well bikes brilliant again now I've took the cheap option of fixing it and I've done about 10 hours riding now fault free see how long it lasts. I've sanded down the clutch plates and put fresh oil in also fresh oil on the forks and replaced the seals and with the water pump the shaft was worn so looked into replacing the shaft and seal but I settled with using my original seal and shaft and fitted smaller springs on the seal and upto now all is great 

• Like 1

Keep your eye on the transmission fluid.  It will get milky when the coolant leaks past that worn shaft.  And it will.  Replacement shaft and seal are available as a set at a reasonable cost.  Remember that the oil lubricatesall the gears, bearings and clutch parts.  Water and coolant are poor lubricants. 

Go to the ACU website and on the front page in the middle you will get access to all of the ACU clubs in the U.K.

Make contact with a couple of clubs near you and find out what they and your centre in general offers as far as organised trials / practice events.

Not sure how much goes on in your part of the country but down here in the south east you could join 2 or 3 clubs and very easily be riding most weekends within an hours drive.