2017 Factory 250 Suspension set up

betsy

Hi Guys.

New to the forum with a  2017 Factory 250 Beta, I am in need of some measurements to help with the setting of the suspension front and rear sag, I have checked previous posts and tried the best I can to set the suspension sag using the advice from trials suspension 101 by Jim McKensie and Jon Rentschler.

First question of many does anyone know the suspension travel on the 2017 factory front and rear suspension. Nothing comes with the factory bike to help with suspension settings,  I read a good starting point is to set the sag at 33% of this value, if anyone has any experience with this percentage and can advise on what they might have tested to be a better percentage for what ever reason  then please sing out, the four test riders in the article came up with 38% to be the best on the 2013 bike tested.

Does anyone know who manufactures the front and rear factory suspension on the 2017 models? just in case I need to contact them.

If I weigh 82 Kg / 180 Lbs / 12 and a half stone without riding gear on should I be able to get the suspension set right with the standard factory bike without changing springs?

Last question, does anyone have any settings for the compression and rebound front and rear that they are finding works best?

Many thanks for anyone's help if they can, cheers

GT

Thanks Lineaway, must have searched a thousand times for 2017 beta factory suspension and never found anything. All I need now is for someone to explain what it all means :-)