Montesa 300RR

motoxleo

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎31 at 7:43 AM, motoxleo said:

Any pictures?

how is the Montesa rated when it comes to reliability??

had Sherco 290. Not perfect but still overall good and VERY reliable

Its a Honda...do you really need to ask this? ha ha

Okay just took out my 2017 300RR first impression WOW, I've been riding my 2006 Repsol 250 4rt since the day i took her out of the box 11 years ago and shes still going only thing ive had to do on it was replace the fork seal 2 times and a lot of fenders great bike just put gas in and ride. The 06 has been to the UTE cup twice been as far Vermont it has been ridden . Anyone who who has seen me ride knows that montesa is a tough bike. We live here in Oklahoma you can see some of our land in the Pat Smage video where he get engaged . We has 457 acers to play on. Okay now for the differeces of an 06 to 2017. I have not change a thing on it. Stock gearing this bike really has low end power. Foot pegs are great, the front end feels light. I did some pretty steep off cambered turns and climbs that low end power is great . Suspension feels solid and tracks great. Did a few small splatters felt smooth. Have not ran thru all the gears yet it was pretty warm outside today gonna have some riders over this Sunday and will get to do a lot of riding and get a better feel for it. It does come with Carbon fiber header pipe and headlight . 

Very nice looking bike i will try to post some pics this Sunday after a hard day of riding it.

The bike does have mapping switch i've only tried the standard. Sunday hope to put her through the paces 

Edited by bbk
  • Like 3

So it doesn't have the two map selector switch?  Strange all the 2016 300RR's I have seen had the map switch...  

I wonder if the throttle body has the two maps and by just adding the switch you can use them both? 

Okay Im back, I am also sore all over we rode for about 8 hours, the bike is amazing first having the switch set on the first setting its like a tractor really sticks on the off cambers, really nice in tight areas. Also seems to turn tighter than my 06. The foot pegs are great super wide gives great support and great control. Engine breaking is very light compared to the 06 montesa 250cc . Now switching the the power setting on the switch hang on, its ready to hit anything you want to climb or splatter. I let some of the other 2 stroke riders give it a go they were impressed with the handling and control they they had, they enjoyed the power. Very well built it impressed them as well. If your still riding a 250 cc montesa your gonna want one of these. If you can find one .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, trapezeartist said:

I'll ask Fernando Alonso. B)

Good one but a bit of a stretch don't you think? 

An F1 race engine in comparison to a production bike engine that, other than a relatively minor change in displacement, has been in production sense 2005 isn't really a good example of what anyone would see from this bike.  

In the end though even a Montesa/Honda isn't guarantied to be perfect, just likely to be close.   :ph34r:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

Good one but a bit of a stretch don't you think? 

An F1 race engine in comparison to a production bike engine that, other than a relatively minor change in displacement, has been in production sense 2005 isn't really a good example of what anyone would see from this bike.  

In the end though even a Montesa/Honda isn't guarantied to be perfect, just likely to be close.   :ph34r:

I do think it's a bit of a stretch, but it just had to be said. :)

There is a little bit of a serious point to my comment: one should never assume that a company with a good reputation is bombproof. Indeed, reputations both good and bad are usually an exageration of a valid reality. Honda really can't duck the fact that they have made a complete pig's ear of the F1 project and McLaren can't duck the fact that they likely just assumed "It's Honda so it will be good".