Montesa 300RR

motoxleo

Compared with a 260 Montesa 4rt the difference to me feels relatively minor.

Much less than that between a current 250 (249cc) and 300 (usually about 290cc) two stroke.

It does have that plush and high quality suspension, like the Repsol.

The black frame looks pretty ordinary, nothing special. It's slightly matt.

A good bike for a Montesa fan perhaps, looking for a little bit more oomph.

Mine isn't using oil.  I like mine but it's taking me a fair amount of adjusting to coming off a really potent 300 2t.  I find I'm a slight bit less capable but am enjoying it more.  I'm still adapting to get the timing right on this bike (300rr), but getting better each outing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimmyl said:

haven't they added an extra piston ring to the latest RR - be interesting if those using oil were old or new versions

I'm also curious why they changed the piston. They say the new piston also has a flatter top.

I have a 2016 300RR and it has no measurable oil consumption between the oil change intervals.
I must say it doesn't get used as intensely as a SSDT bike and has only 36 hours of use.

I find the 300 RR much more powerful than my previous 2015 260 Repsol.
It really wants to go, on the full power map.
I love the black frame and engine, but scratches will be more visible of course.

Edited by guys
  • Like 2

I put money down on my 300rr back on Nov 4th 2016 at a dealership in  Dallas due its first due date was Jan 26th then April 26th then May 18th now May 30th gonna call today to see what the next date is gonna be. Im still riding my 2016 250 repsol I too will give an update    okay here's my new update now they say June 6th 

Edited by bbk
  • Like 2

i have an 2006 4rt only thing thats been done to her is 2 sets of fork seals and dont know how many fenders ive gone thru they are Hondas they just keep going and going it still starts on the 1st or 2nd kick . I buying another one 

Well i can hardly believe it but the Dallas dealership called today and said i can pick up my bike tomorrow 7 months after I put the money down on it. Look forward to giving feed back about the the bike. 

14 hours ago, oni nou said:

What do you find are the  differences/improvements between your 2006 4rt and your 2016 Repsol......the 4rt must be pretty impressive if your getting another one aswell as the 300rr that you have on order.

I didnt buy an 2016 repsol i put the money down on a 2017 300rr back on Nov.4 2016 after tomorrow i will be able to say something about the differance between 06 250 repsol and the 300rr