TRS

LMN98

Considering getting a TRS 300RR but need a few questions answering, I've had rode gas gas, montesa and betas, can anyone compare the power & torque with a TRS?  What's the reliability like? Linkage bearings? Linkage play after 6 months? Clunking, knocking etc? Nuts and bolts coming loose? I'm fairly OCD so would like to know all the ins and outs... 

Mines only 4 months old, no play in the linkage yet, I've stripped and greased the linkage twice.

Biggest advantage is the linkage design as the lowest point isn't a bearing so you don't damage the seals.

Mines done a few nationals and santigosa three day so it's on its second set of chain and sprockets and rear pads. It's had one set of rear wheel bearings and I've bought a spare filter. I can't fault it.

To ride it's lighter than a gas gas pro but the front is more stable than my 2014 gas gas. Probably a combination of better forks and the head angle isn't as steep.

Mines a 280 RR,  I came off a 280 gas gas racing, no issues with power it's got plenty. I've recently raised the gearing to make 1st a little higher. 

You need to try any bike before you buy one I would say but I'd buy another one tomorrow 

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1

Apologies for butting in but I would also like to know how they compare on ergonomics.  I like the low pegs and high bar height on the gasser very comfortable for the taller riders as the beta can be with bar risers.  How does the TRS compare with these two.  I Can't ride the likes of a Sherco comfortably with the higher pegs and low steering head.  Interested to know the opinions from those that have come from Gas Gas or Beta?

When I got my TRS I still had the gas gas in the garage. If you line up the rear spindles the footpegs, swinging arm spindle and bars are very close. Only material difference is the head angle is steeper on the gas gas. 

In terms of riding position I find the beta feels much bigger than a gas gas. TRS very similar to gas gas

• Like 1