Stalls

grim

When I ride my bike(2012 4RT) during practice after it's hot and fully warmed up it starts to bog out or stall like it's missing petrol. But it only happens at a specific moment when I give it a bit of throttle and get some RPMs, pop a wheelie or ride up a steep hill etc. I was wondering if anyone knew or had an idea of what it might be :)

Thanks

Edited by grim

1 hour ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

The only easy things to check are the filter below the pump and the vent on the petrol cap.  Anything else is probaby a diagnostics job.

Ok, the filter is inside tank, right? Else.. diagnostics, need to find someone around here that  have the tools for that. You are thinking about heat fault in ECU?

Edited by grim

I have had a similar sounding problem with my 2005, related to the air filter.  Particularly if I use the spray on air filter oil, it pops and stumbles under load.  I put in a new filter lubed with motor oil and problem solved.  Spray oil went into the bin.  I hope this helps.

• Like 1

We tested the petrol pump flow as described in Service manual. Flow was ok. I don't know where the petrol filter is, but i guess inside the tank? But since the flow from return is ok, i assume the filter is ok also?

We tested coil, condensator, cables etc. So strange it stall after 25 to 30min running time. Symptoms like its out of fuel..

Idle at 1800 when fan goes, 1900 normal. This bike has a flat tank, Future, with small pump etc. The filter, where can i get a replacement? Not possible to find it on any pictures, web sites, shops etc.

On 4.6.2017 at 10:35 PM, jonnyc21 said:

I would think blocked fuel filter, boiling fuel, or blocked vent tube as well.  

Any idea where to get a fuel filter. It looks like a teabag, never seen anything like this before.. 

2 hours ago, grim said:

Any idea where to get a fuel filter. It looks like a teabag, never seen anything like this before.. 

I wasn't able to find one for my stock 2007 4RT so ended up cleaning mine carefully and was able to get it to a point I felt it would do its job so put it back in. 

I am still looking for one as I plan to do a full replacement next time around, however not sure if I will be able to or if I will end up having to fabricate something instead.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oni nou said:

As mentioned before this is a works bike with special parts only available from the Team that makes them.  Future trial Italy  H and D in the UK. is/was a Future Trial parts dealer so may be able to obtain what you need probably not cheap.though.

Filter is standard montesa. But Honda only sell unit complete. HD have complete flat tank with pump £699. But i think i rather fix the one we have :)

In fact most of the bike is standard. Differance is Engine shaft, piston, bored original cylinder to 292cc, modified original top and airflow to top. Some clutch modifications. Else its only titan bolts etc. So most is same as any 4RT ;)

So when i wanted to change piston and rings, that was not possible due Future modified. But via FB i found an option, 3 end gaskets, and i can use S3 280/310CC cylinder. So the problem now is that Honda don't deliver parts to fuel pump(filter, cable etc). They only deliver complete set as mention over.. So that is not good, due you have to spend around 500 pounds to get a part that would normally cost 20 or so ;)

Edited by grim