Stalls

grim

2 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

I wasn't able to find one for my stock 2007 4RT so ended up cleaning mine carefully and was able to get it to a point I felt it would do its job so put it back in. 

I am still looking for one as I plan to do a full replacement next time around, however not sure if I will be able to or if I will end up having to fabricate something instead.  

Think I will use fine Steel filter around pump. Should do the job. But annoying that they dont sell parts like that

That fuel filter membrane material is also sold by twin-air as a pre filter material for air filters, and the same material is sold pre molded as a fuel filter sock that sits inside the tank filler lip for ktm bikes.  I wouldn't cut the material as it'll fray, but if you could attach the sock to the pump it'd be effective.  The problem would be sealing the end. 

• Like 1

just check you are looking at the tea bag filter fixed to the pump.

I think it is dual spec with a much finer mesh on the inside of the filter.

I have found solvent and air line to work but you need to get the finer mesh clean more than the outer.

• Like 2

I found this on eBay.. its same pump, im pretty sure.. There is pump and filter almost free.. Checked up those pumps, so far i can only find positive feedback. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271381502452?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm not sure if it will do the job on the 4RT, but i'll buy it just to check. At that price, hehe. Same as a few beers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2017 at 3:03 PM, grim said:

We tested the petrol pump flow as described in Service manual. Flow was ok. I don't know where the petrol filter is, but i guess inside the tank? But since the flow from return is ok, i assume the filter is ok also?

We tested coil, condensator, cables etc. So strange it stall after 25 to 30min running time. Symptoms like its out of fuel..

Have a 2016 4RT. Same deal. Checked two items and bike run perfectly.

1. Set engine idle up a bit, will run differently depending on where you are located...needs to be set so the EFI can fire properly. This was also noted in the forum somewhere.

2. Air filter. Yep, Thats_a_five is correct. ONLY use light weight motor oil, 10-40 or so, very lightly on the filter. The stock air filter is not like the Jitze ones that have large pores. The stock Monty, the black version has very small pores that can get blocked with the typical sticky air filter oils.

• Like 2