TXT Pro Exhaust Damage from Wheelie

miner

Long time no posts folks.... think I may have done my bike a mischief today. 2007 GG TXT Pro. 

Getting a screw out my hand and some tidy up work done tomorrow, so nipped out after work for a hour.... popped over an inclined rock I've done lots of times, nice wee kicker.... landed and the bars collapsed forward, banking straight after, tried to recover and gas up.... almost looped it!

Thought I'd caught the wheelie but had to bail at the top and jumped off. Wasn't going hard and the bike and I didn't land too hard on some softish ground. 

Got home and set about straightening everything up and noticed this....

The first two photos are previous.... the rest are tonight....

Is this bent, or just shifted? Anyone else done this before?

Copped a shed load from the mrs as well for going out night before my op.... this was another kick in the baws.

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

I figure you have 3 options:

1. fix it the right way, take it apart. locate bad bit and repair properly  (could be just a bracket is bent and easy to bend back)

2. whack it real hard and see if you can push it back into position

3. ride it as is and tell everyone how much of a genius you are for modifying the muffler to eliminate the rear wheel rub.

(and then wait to see how many people do the same to their bikes, and then chuckle quietly to yourself)

• 4 weeks later...

Been a few weeks since my op so hand better now.... got round to stripping it today. A little heat and persuasion required, also a little welding. Think it may be blowing at the bend on the front as well, so not a bad time to whip it off. 

Pics below..... thoughts?

IMG_2031.JPG

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

I get you.... I've got a blow torch as well.... was going to sit on it whilst it's on the box stand, heat it and try and push it  straight, mrs will hold the bike steady. Good time to repack as well I guess. Will look at using some wood as a former/lever. 

Only looking at warming where it's bent in on itself at the top.... there will be some work hardening from when it yielded, just a little heat to reduce the risk of it cracking (too badly) when it's being straightened. 

What's inside the centre muffler? Is it baffled? Or packed?

• 2 months later...

A wee update folks.... its coming back from the bike shop this week, went in to straighten the exhaust and fit new tyres.... exhaust fixed, will get some pics up at the weekend.

New problem.... found cracked rear rim, new post to follow! :(

• 1 month later...