What gear box oil is best for 2015 2t beta evo 300?

Joe2017

So am I - ref the apparent recommendation of a fourstroke oil for a twostroke according to craigh88's quoted info. 

I'd be fairly sure that is not what Beta UK will be selling, or recommending, because their sponsor will have something thought to be better suited.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

Pretty much any wet clutch suitable engine oil or gearbox oil will work reasonably well, and clutch action is down to rider preference, so you get loads of opinions.

My personal preference is motul 300v 5w-30.

I really liked the oil that came in one of my new Betas, so I checked the full spec sheet as the factory oil was not available here in Canada, at least not anywhere near me I came up with:

• API SM/SL/SJ
  • JASO MA-s
  • ACEA A3, and
  • Semi-synthetic
  • 10W40

I hunted around the stores for an oil that met these specs and have been very happy with a Lucas product. It is designed for wet clutch operation as well.

The full synthetics have too much drag in my experience. Be sure to do the clutch mod as per the Beta forum sticky lisitng, this will do more for your clutch than the perfect oil.

Spencer

I have done the Beta fix on ither bikes, but my '16 has no drag at all. It could be my springs as I used 160 Gasser springs cut down to length.At the start of this year I severed the tendon in my clutch finger, so I had to make my clutch pull as light as possible. Lighter pull than about any bike and  very progressive. Probably not the best for zaps, but I still get up most ledges ok.