Battery question

daz_uk

Hope you can help.

I have a 48v 20" that has 1 damaged battery.  I want to charge the other three, can this be done on the bike with the 48v charger or is that a bad idea?

If I get the three charged will it run (even if at lower power) just to show the motor works before I sell it?
Thanks

don't charge 3 batteries with a 48v charger , this will damage the batteries and may also over heat them and they may spit... you can charge each battery individually with a normal 12v car battery charger as long as its a slowish charger around 1A. The bike may work on 3 batteries but im not sure what the lvc is on the controller so it may not, but will do no damage to try. 

Thanks for that info.

For info I charged the three with a standard charger. You are right it doesn't run at all with three. Although with a multimeter i could see the damaged forth had some charge in it. I was able to hook it into bike to show the motor was ok which is what i needed to do.