Beta Evo 2017 - Back brake light switch/sensor

cam

Hi,

I'm trying to prepare my Beta Evo to be road-legal to pass inspection in order to register it. I've put everything on it (lights, signals etc) except the sensor/switch that turns on the back light when rear-braking. I just can't figure it out how/where it needs to be placed. Any ideas? Here's some pictures:

20170617_204616.jpg

20170617_204624.jpg

20170617_204631.jpg

Don't bother, Take all the lights off.... Are you going to ride a road trial with lights and indicators on ? What's the reason for an inspection if it's 2017  ?  If it's not a personal import then get a dating letter from Lampkins plus the NOVA referance number, fill out a v55/5, insurance by the frame number and post to the DVLA........  If it came from a dealer they will sort, £55.00 first reg fee and £41.00 for 12 months road tax. 

Edited by gasserguy

20 minutes ago, gasserguy said:

Don't bother, Take all the lights off.... Are you going to ride a road trial with lights and indicators on ? What's the reason for an inspection if it's 2017  ?  If it's not a personal import then get a dating letter from Lampkins plus the NOVA referance number, fill out a v55/5, insurance by the frame number and post to the DVLA........  If it came from a dealer they will sort, £55.00 first reg fee and £41.00 for 12 months road tax. 

Yes, it came from a dealer, but not sure if what you've said is applicable to Romania. I'm not going to ride with lights and indicators, but I need to go and have them inspect it in order to give me a certain document in order to register it for public roads.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 3:47 PM, cam said:

I'm not going to ride with lights and indicators, but I need to go and have them inspect it in order to give me a certain document in order to register it for public roads.

I'm very interested in this topic and would appreciate knowing anything you find out. Here is my shop notebook for the brake switch project:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aD87PJ6Qy5XBK-LpB8jvTlKYulYdQ0yoXbV_3VBEHSA/pub#h.xyk4qprz690y

On 6/27/2017 at 5:27 AM, Cebolla said:

I'm very interested in this topic and would appreciate knowing anything you find out. Here is my shop notebook for the brake switch project:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aD87PJ6Qy5XBK-LpB8jvTlKYulYdQ0yoXbV_3VBEHSA/pub#h.xyk4qprz690y

I ended up doing it like in the attached picture. Not ideal maybe, but just to pass inspection did the trick.

20170628_201114_Richtone(HDR).jpg

• Like 1