Does anyone have my bike?

beamish

I recently found my old Mecatecno on ebay for sale, the seller wouldn't 100% confirm the engine number or I would've bought it back :(

Anyways I tracked it down and it's been given a good restoration job, the new owner didn't know it was registered so I passed all the info on.

It's funny how a bike can mean quite a bit to someone, memories etc, even after selling it on to buy a more up to date and easier machine to ride !

I always fancied a 'Rolls Royce of trials bikes" :)

4 hours ago, beamish said:

Hi all

Does anyone on here have my first bike. 1979 Beamish Suzuki RL250 Reg No. DKY 335V. It would be nice to know what happened to it.

Thank you

Chris

Was it painted silver?

No it wasn't Silver. I sold it in about 1981 and it was all standard apart from rear mudguard. It was road registered and had lights fitted. I can see from a search that it hasn't been taxed since 1981 so it will have spent it's life off-road. As I said it would just be nice to know what happened to it. Ridiculous what they are fetching now. In 1979 it cost me £869 brand new.

Chris