Number Boards

jsp

whats everyone done number board wise on there bikes ? (to hold you riding number)

I rode this weekend with it gaffer taped on but it was a bit held 

on with a wing and a prayer. I know Vertigo are looking at 

getting one sorted but just wondered what anyone else had done

• Like 1

The problem with taping the number to the headlight is that often the tape partly obscures the number, the number is distorted by the shape of the light, and once dirty it cannot be cleaned. Just think of the observer if you want to get the correct score!

In East Yorks Centre all clubs agreed that transparent plastic number boards should be fitted so that the number can be clearly seen and wiped if dirty.

I use what looks like the usual hard plastic number plate, but it's flexible enough that you can put it on over the light, then you can just put a couple zip ties around it and the fork legs to ensure it doesn't go anywhere. Unfortunately I've only ever seen them at my dealer, and I have no idea where he gets them.

plate.jpg

Edited by heffergm

I pulled the stock light and board, removed the headlamp and buttons.  I then place the buttons into the foam bar clamp protector and ditched the lamp.  This allowed a normal board mount (formed plastic clips onto the forks) and better button access.  These thong bikini boards (my Ossa had a similar one) are pretty useless as is the headlamp, much prefer a standard board with letters you can actually see....

• 4 weeks later...

I've now fitted a standard number board over the headlight 

and used a couple of strips of rubber under the board on the fork 

legs to level it up the best I can, I've also used reusable cable

ties as I'm not keen on the look so I can remove it and only use it when I need to 

IMG_2532.PNG

Edited by jsp

• 4 years later...

I made this one (3D print) for a friend who bought a Vertigo a couple of years ago. 
Having just picked up my first Vertigo I will be tweaking this prototype. The nameplate clips on between the forks and clears the headlight. Easily removed when not in use and no changes required to the bike,  has a clear hole in the middle so the headlight is still visible.

Ben Nameplate.jpg

• Like 1