Best Foot Pegs

cragvale

I noticed at the weekend the foot pegs on my Sons Sherco 2015 ( 125) are not a patch on the Apico wide studded foot pegs I have on my Montesa 4RT.

The Montesa ones I have are more akin to mountain bike pedals with excellent grip, they do not fit the Sherco hence post, for alternative good foot pegs as I am going to buy new foot pegs for the Sherco.

I would appreciate information on the best after market foot pegs ones everyone uses, that will fit a Sherco.

I am looking from a grip perspective.

Dabba,

I will have just rechecked the aftermarket ones on close examination are not apico, they sit at a different angle so yes you may be right apico ones may fit if the angle is adjustable.

What pegs do you use.

The idea of having replaceable pins, rather than using a few strokes of a file on steel pegs (not a problem to me), to keep things sharp sounds like a good idea in theory.  However, as I discovered with the mountainbike pedals, actually getting the old pins out can be a problem as they tend to sieze in; you'll be lucky to get an Allen key in the burred over pin and there often is not enough meat left to get a grip with molegrips.

I have seen very wide steel rests but don't know who makes them.