Colours

bigplonker

13 hours ago, breagh said:

I really don't know how trials riders think. Vertigo have won the SSDT 3 times on the trot and the only Vertigo in the top 50 this year was Lampkins also there was no Montesas in the top 50 though Bou's  won everything.

Round here there's loads of Scorpas because we have a great dealer  thats the way I go support the local guy it pays in the long run.  .

So..., having a supportive local dealer is key to sales. In this case a bike's colour and graphics pale into insignificance. Interestingly the latest black and orange Scorpas look very attractive so your local dealer may well anticipate further sales success as well as increasing brand loyalty. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Best looking bike ever!  The Repsol, in my opinion, is great looking as well. The TRS color scheme is butt ugly. That being said, I just laid down my money on an RR.  So not not a deal breaker for me.  I do wish the color selection was more inspired.  IMG_0150.JPG

Edited by medeiros494
Lousy grammar
  • Like 1

I have to agree, i am swayed by colours.. I love my fantic 241 progress 1 colours, plain and simple white and red, but it looks nice although i don't like the later progress 2 the 241 version decals, but the 301 progress 2 i do, just because the decals are different, to me the 301 decals just look cleaner and the 241 progress 2 more busy and not thought out that well..

I'm not really into the modern trials bikes but l love the Montesa Honda 4RT bike colours. I think it looks really nice and would tempt me to buy it because i like the colours so much.

(Please excuse my ignorance, I didn't know the Repsol 4RT was the same as the Honda Montesa.. I've just read through the rest of the thread and realised the bike i put up below was the same bike... I'm new to trials so don't know anything about the modern bikes.)

Fantic 241 Progress 2

Fantic 241 progress 2.jpg

Fantic 301 Progress 2

Fantic 301 progress 2.jpg

Honda Montesa 4RT

Honda Montesa.jpg

Edited by Julian Taff

Used to love the

2000s Gassers when the 160/ 200 was yellow, the 249 was blue, the 270 red and 321 silver. Looked like a proper range of bikes and gave us the option to change colour or mix and match.

• Like 3

It wouldn't really put me off, I love my '10 Gas Gas, and I chose my previous '09 because of the price rather than anything else.

My little fella though, he's 21 months old and only likes red, black and white bikes, like "Daddys!" bike.  He doesn't care for Shercos or any bike that isn't red, black and white.  Lucky Oset colours are the same...