Mick Andrews James

majesty320

In answer to your question if i remember correctly the engine is 37A with bits and the hubs are copy billet alloy ones. Whatever the problem is that if you are a "name" you seem to able to get away with a lot more "mods" and "bits" than Joe Public. :D

Bit like Aerials in the Scottish can get away with murder whilst C15 and B40 riders can't even use oil in frame frames.

Youve just got to talk to the people in the clubs who will exclude or reclassify your bike. Sad but true. :thumbup:

Never was a level playing field. Just build it as you can afford and sod em :wall:

At the end of the day it's only a bit of fun isnt it ? :P

build what you like how you like and enjoy every minute of it..

most clubs have 'specials 'class and no club would ever deny you a ride ( except p65 scottish possibly and anyway you'd probably never get an entry any way so no worries..

Not too worried about clubs and stupid B/S rules.

The job is all about riding a motorcycle up a brook,beck, bank, root, etc!And most important ENJOYMENT!!

If my money or bike aint good enough STUFF EM!

BTW my B25 has got 4 stud adventurer forks fitted but these forks are not allowed in the scottish cause they were made in this country after 1970, BUT you can use marzochis inside road holders cause they look like old type forks. WHAT S***! :thumbup: Rant over. Thanks for the info guys :P

Totally agree M8

Dont know why they still keep up the pretence unless it's to keep the people who do the fiddle forks, at great expense i might add, in business?

Never did make any sense to me.

Plus the Scottish is a law unto itself. Then again youve probably got as much chance of winning the lottery as getting an entry in the Pre65 Scottish unless you are a "name" :thumbup:

Never mind as you said it's all about enjoyment. Enjoy the building and riding something you built not someone else :P

• 3 weeks later...

working on a project i took the opportunity of getting a fair few detail photos of bikes in the 'paddock' at the p65 this year here are a couple of MAR 'type' James 'replicas' if anyone would like some shots of the james i have about 10 in all which i am happy to mail if you PM me before the weekend

post-1834-1147733512.jpg

post-1834-1147733533.jpg

• Like 1

at the scottish i counted probably 5 varients of the same theme the frames seem similar the diffs seem to lay within the engine types, exhausts and forks

thats the real beauty and 'handicap' of p65 almost anything goes and its down to personal preference and the size of your wallet

the pics are of the most MAR of all the ones i saw, the detail is very good, the hub and box section swing arm and the solution for fitting a 'modern' kick start to an early shaft

post-1834-1147790284.jpg

post-1834-1147790301.jpg

Edited by totalshell

sorry no, i dont even have the rider number from the p65 to chase. as this was literallly only the second bike i took photos of early on friday morning it must have bben parked ust to the left of the entrance to the 'paddock' sorry i cant be any more help than that the other 2 'snaps ' i have of it are attached..

post-1834-1147790892.jpg

post-1834-1147790914.jpg