Hello from the nanny state

lunarbomb

Hi Folks. My name is Mike and I'm in sunny California. I had been without a bike for 5 years when a good friend offered me the chance to rescue his '02 315r. It had been sitting since 2011. I'm currently trying to convince the little Dellorto PHBL to play nice then I should be back in the saddle, so to speak.

IMG_20170620_180011_515.jpg

IMG_20170621_160948_183.jpg

• Like 2

Great bike, nice arrangement with the flowers and it seems to me that you are a real Honda fan as your kid's are riding Hondas too! Thumps up for getting it started again.

In my personal experience, give the carb an ultrasonic clean, especially the jets might be a bit clogged.

Nanny state? In Massachusetts you have to register your bike to ride on your own land. They are sending flocks of environmental police to sanctioned events on private tracks to ticket people. 

Nice rescue of a pretty bike though.

Edited by dan williams

On 6/28/2017 at 7:27 AM, pschrauber said:

Great bike, nice arrangement with the flowers and it seems to me that you are a real Honda fan as your kid's are riding Hondas too! Thumps up for getting it started again.

In my personal experience, give the carb an ultrasonic clean, especially the jets might be a bit clogged.

You guessed it, a good carb cleaning (more like 5) and it's a 1st kick bike again!

On 6/29/2017 at 5:16 PM, dan williams said:

Nanny state? In Massachusetts you have to register your bike to ride on your own land. They are sending flocks of environmental police to sanctioned events on private tracks to ticket people. 

Nice rescue of a pretty bike though.

Yep, that is some pretty upsetting bs.

So, now I'm on the lookout for local clubs and casual events. I seem to remember doing a couple of Sacto PITS events some years back. Are these still the folks to talk to in northern california?