2017 Factory 300 2rt.

leosantanalg

4th ride on my 2017 Factory 250, a small issue with the rear brake binding on first ride, minor adjustment. Then the fan stopped working, just scraped some more red paint off the ground and all is good. Clutch is very good right out of the box, really don't feel i need to do the Beta fix on this clutch. ( This is my 8th Beta over 19 years of riding trials) Shifting is very good also.

The 250 has a very flat power band, which is what i wanted. I am amazed at what i can pull off with it. I have had 300s in the past but all ways had to dummy them down. Dry out now, should work even better in the wet. At 6'4" I weigh 220 plus gear, i am able to get up anything i could do on my 300s. I feel the 250 gives me more setup time, more grip out of a greasy hole. Where as the 300s would sometimes slip and spin, especially in the wet.

I all way's turn the rear fender and airbox cover into a one piece unit by putting two wood screws into the under side of the airbox cover. Trim a little off the bottom of the airbox lid hole, then fill the top with hot glue gun. Then not using any of the bolts and using 2 zip ties at the front holes to hold the fender on. Rear fender will pop off rather than bend, crack, then break. Carry some extra zip ties in your bum bag. Still using my 2013 fender on my 2016 4t.

Front fenders are easy to break too, i have the modified the old style aluminum bracket from a REV model with the old REV fender attached, the black fenders seem to be a little more flexy compared to the red ones. Save the original for when you sell the bike. I believe Gasgas and Montesa front fender brackets and fenders will also work.

Other than the plastic they are very good bikes, the new TRS is getting a lot of good reviews also. I was very impressed with their 280cc. It was a close call. I went with the Beta for the long term reliability, and good parts supply.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A couple of us '16 Beta EVO 300 2T riders modified the white Domino "Fast-Action" Throttle tubes with a couple hacksaw blades taped together to cut a groove for throttle cable to pivot around a slightly lower (3mm) O.D. and blend the cut back to full height at 1/4 turn (90 degrees) to make a "Slow-to-Fast" action throttle. Gives us an advantage of having much more control just off idle - without having to turn the throttle as far as installing slow-action throttle. This modification, along with adding 1 or 2 teeth to use a slightly larger rear sprocket; has worked so well, that I decided not to bother with heavier Flywheel (Super Smooth has heavier flywheel and 9T front sprocket that REALLY tames down the 300).