Hello From Brecon

Julian Taff

Hello, I'm from Brecon and have wanted a Trials bike from the age of 13. (I'm now 45). Great forum by the way, have been having a look through for a while, but only just joined.

I'm looking for a mint Monoshock Bike 85/86 and the 2 I desire the most - a Fantic or Yamaha TY.

I'm looking for advice as which would be the best to get and have a budget of 2k Plus- ish for the right bike, but it has to look pretty much like new so looking for a restored model which is also mechanically running well. So which would you consider the best, a Fantic or a Yamaha TY? Bearing in Mind it will not get used much and won't be trialled but more likely used just in fields and taken to shows. I'm just under 11 stone and about 5 ft 10. I'm looking for a 200-250 cc ideally, so a fantic 241 or TY250 would be for me as i think these models were mono in 85/86. I used to be a massive Junior Kick start fan, and these are the bikes I remember the most... I was really looking for a TY originally but the Fantic is now getting the more desirable.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Taff (Julian)

That fantic looks a peach, whether it rides well is another matter but as you say if it's for show/ casual use then looks matter most.

The mono class has yet to suffer the rocketing prices of the twin shocks so that bike could be a good choice for you.